Friday 8 March 2013

Laff my friends, it's good for the soul...

Laff my friends, it's good for the soul,
Laff out loud, it is really good for ya.
Laff at the funny, the absurd, the sublime,
Laff just because you can't help yourself.
Laff when you would otherwise cry, and I know that so well.
Laff from the pits of your stomach, a really good belly laff,
Laff because then the whole world laffs with ya.

Laff my dear friends because it's the best medicine,
Laff my dears, it's just what the doctor ordered.
And ya all know I'm one right???
Laff because it releases your endorphins,
These are the body's happy hormones you know.
Laff because this chases away all the demons,
Let's all laff at the demons of loneliness, depression and despair. 

So again I implore, let's laff my dear friends,
It's certainly good for the soul, and I know.
I laff a lot nowadays at all sorts of stuff, quite often myself...
I laff at the ridiculous, the hilarious, and even just the notorious.
I laff because sometimes the only choice left is to cry...
I laff because I just can't help it sometimes,
And I do hope we will all laff together, forever in eternity...
                                               
By Christie Nonye Akumabor© 08/03/13
Mary and I laffing outside Jesus House three summers ago.
With one of my dearest friends and sisters, the lovely Vivian
I don't know why I  love this picture, but I just do

Laffing all the way to eternity... 



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Din't know u were a poet.

Xtie-Akums said...

Ha ha ha, I didn't even know that myself till my thoughts and writings started flowing out of me in verse form. ((*_*))