Wednesday 26 May 2010

GOD'S AMAZING GRACE IN MY LIFE.....

Daily I marvel at God's amazing grace in my life. January 24th 2008, I visited my sister in Farnborough and during our chats, voiced my concerns about a cousin who was expecting a baby, and was almost two weeks past her due date. As a doctor and paediatrician, the implications of a post-date pregnancy are significant to me and I wondered whether her doctors were not considering intervening. Within the next hour I got a text from my brother in Nigeria, with the news that she had just given birth safely to a healthy baby girl, hence quelling all my anxieties.

We chatted further about stuff; friends, family, children and faith. She gave me some God-inspired insights into issues I was dealing with and I hope I did the same for her. I got home and after stuffing my face as I'm wont to do, lay in bed trying to sleep and listening to my favourite CD [or at least flavour of the month CD]. Then the words of a particular track spoke to my heart, "Seasons" by Lara George, as if confirming the dreams and desires God had planted there. No need for deep soul-searching [I do that constantly], thronging through scriptures to find a word or verse that would speak to me. No fasting [sometimes neccessary], praying or asking other christian friends to say a "prayer of agreement" with me.

As I lay in the twilight zone between sleep and wakefulness doing mundane things like listening to music, God used a song writer from Nigeria to speak to me, How awesome.....! No doubt those same words will speak to someone else, somewhere else, about something else, some other time. Who could arrange that, except our  God.... Lest I forget, He had just rescheduled a church meeting for me so I could attend another event; a global prayer session that was being held at the Westminster Chapel the following evening. The two meetings had initially coincided, and I'd pondered which to attend. I had finally decided on the church meeting, to which I owed my first committment. As I checked my emails that evening, lo and behold, the church meeting had been postponed for two hours, thus allowing me to attend the other meeting too, awesome or what???

On a more mundane level, as I'd arrived back at Waterloo Station from Farnborough, I was drawn to the "Sale" sign outside T. M  Lewin's. I went in, and browsed. Something caught my eye, an interesting shirt in pink, green and white stripes. I asked the sales assistant if they did it in a size 18 [I'm a well-rounded lady afterall]. She confirmed they did, and I remember thinking, just before I trifled through the selection, that if God wamted me to buy "that" shirt, they would have it in my size. They did have it, but I also found another lovely shirt in leaf-green , also in a size"18". What was I to do? No way was I going to buy two unbudgeted-for shirts, so I asked a sales assistant his opinion and guess which one he picked? Of course the 1st shirt; which was God's choice for me in the first place....

It may seem trivial to you, but for me, it just goes further to confirm what is becoming clearer daily. If we "let" Him, God will direct "all" our choices, imagine that....! Not only can we not go wrong, we will only have God's choices for us.....! What can top that? What a wonderous way to live?? As I've said, it's God's Amazing Grace, because I know I don't deserve any of this, but I accept it gratefully and praise God joyously all the time, Halleluiah.....!

No comments: